Friday 20 January 2012

China: Beijing

Reached our last destination for the trip, Beijing (北京).








We had lunch at a Korean BBQ place! Haha so ironic because we didn't eat roasted Peking Duck this time but... WHY DIDN'T WE?? HMM. Oh well, at least the Korean BBQ was great.









Afterwards, we went to 天安门 (Tian An Men), 故宫 (Gu Gong), 景山公园 (Jing Shan Park) and白塔 (White Tower). It was a really really REALLY cold day, I wore two jackets and looked like a dumpling!


Day two started with a bit of shopping before heading off to SKI!!!!! The ski resort was 1.5 hours drive away and when we finally reached, I was SO EXCITED. The weather was great for skiing because the sun was shining brightly so it wasn't cold at all! In fact, after I put on the ski costume, I started sweating a bit! It was really difficult to ski on flat ground; I had a hard time trying to move around. But once we climbed on the hill, skiing down was fantastic baby!!!! I didn't even fall! We started with the beginner's hill, and moved onto beginner intermediate, intermediate, intermediate advanced. I wanted to go onto the advanced route, but I backed out in the end because the hill was reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyy steep and all the people who went on it were professionals. So I stuck to the intermediate advanced route. Skiing is so exhilarating, I would definitely want to do it again!!!


That night, we ventured off to 前海/后海 which is a place very much like Clark Quay with a lot of bars/pubs featuring live bands/singers along a river. It would have been much nicer if they had not blast the music so loudly.. It was a nice stroll after a heavy dinner.




Woke up to S N O W. My wish came true!!! It really snowed in Beijing! Like a happy kid, I put on my jacket and ran out into the snow, happily admiring it. Ahhhhh~ But sadly it didn't snow very much, neither did it last long, just an hour or so. But still, it snowed!! :D






After breakfast, we went to a shopping center and I bought souvenirs. We were supposed to go skating in the afternoon but I think the exhaustion from the previous days piled up and I took a longgg afternoon nap, so didn't go skating in the end. But we went for a short road trip to see 鸟巢 (Bird's Nest) and 水族馆, basically the places where the Olympics 2008 took place in.

To make up for the missed skating trip, we went to the rink the next morning. I actually wanted to try skating at the outdoor frozen ponds but my mom was worried the pond might break and I would fall in and freeze.. so we decided to go to an indoor skating rink. The ice was not as smooth as the one in Singapore, but MUCH better than the one I went on in Tian Jin a few years ago, it was like skating on rocks.












Had dinner at 麻辣诱惑 (which is supposedly some pretty popular place to dine) before going to the airport and it was bye bye China! I think China has become much more modern now and I'm really happy that I got to explore other cities in China besides Beijing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment